Beach Panorama

Beach Panorama

Monday, December 6, 2010

Yakima and the Wenas!

Since we have been in the islands, it's been difficult to get some of these blogs published. Internet access is spotty and upload speeds are terribly slow. We have purchased better phone and internet service, so we'll see if that helps. For those that want to call, our BVI ph number is 284-441-3691. Our email remains the same shelton59106@msn.com I will get out the blogs still pending from this last summer and have us current with everyone shortly.

 Karen and I enjoyed such a fun time with everyone this year. We were able to spend time with our family, friends (new and old) and see so much of the country we've never been to. One trip I was able to take was with my cousins, Cindy and John, to Yakima, WA. We met my parents at the hotel, enjoying some late evening drinks together. Cindy and John went over to the other side of the family and visited while I stayed with my parents and visited relatives and saw the sights.


My 1st home (1957), in the Wenas valley. The house is in the trees behind the van, and the old dairy barn is on the right.


Aunt Bev and Uncle Paul (Mom's side)


Aunt Margaret, Aunt Angela, Mom and Dad (Dad's side)
 Most recently, I traveled with my Boise-based cousins to Yakima (my birthplace) and visited aunts, uncles and parents. We spent most of the day driving around, looking at sights and reminiscing about the "old days".
My grandpa, my namesake

Cousins Steve and Chris

Dad and Mom

1 comment:

  1. Well, glad you are still well and alive! The last you posted, you were stranded with a broken boat! Looks like you had a good time with your family.....Washington is a pretty state. Was kind of glad to hear the picture of the barn was NOT your original dwelling! HA Keep all of us posted.....and share your Thanksgiving with us.
    Aunt Di

    ReplyDelete