Beach Panorama

Beach Panorama

Monday, September 21, 2009

Sandy here:

9/21/09...The last few days here in Tortola have been hot, muggy and not much wind with blue skies and calm seas. Saw some "island deer" (actually, wild goats) on Peter Island. I didn't get pics but I ranged them with my calculating eye...about a 90yd shot...a Mathews could've made it. Also saw some sea turtles, and I was thinking turtle soup might be a cool thing to try. Most of the reef fish and the predatory types like barracuda and snapper will give you a disease called "ciguatera" if eaten. Most people here catch and release them. The fish that you can eat is more off of the coast...tuna, wahoo, etc. Other islands don't have this problem, from what I've been told.

Today, Karen and went with a boat broker to look at boats. Saw some, with most needing some work. Good thing I'm really handy. Will be looking at more tomorrow. Our sailing instruction starts on the 23rd. We've already gotten invaluble training so far. We are really happy with our choice with Jim.

Having a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment